For more than 50 years, our Insurance Coverage Litigation attorneys have represented policyholders and insurance companies across the country in insurance coverage disputes, negotiations, litigation, settlement options, and bad faith allegations. We partner with clients to develop sound coverage opinions based on the current status of the law and on clearly communicated and assessed insurance policy provisions.
Our services include case-specific representation, opinions and analysis, consultation on risk management issues for the policyholder, and on claims handling procedures for the insurance company. Our Insurance Coverage attorneys have prosecuted and defended declaratory judgment actions seeking the court's interpretation of insurance policy language, as well as bad faith matters nationwide. We have also consulted in and successfully litigated disputes at all levels of state and federal courts, mainly in Ohio and Florida, resulting in scores of reported and unreported insurance coverage decisions.
Our Insurance Coverage group offers a depth of experience in property and casualty claims, litigation management, construction law, professional liability, environmental, life, health and disability, and fidelity/surety claims. In addition, several of our attorneys are board certified trial attorneys by the National Board of Trial Advocacy and are Ohio State Bar Association board certified as business litigation lawyers.
- Automobile liability and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage
- Aviation coverage and aviation underwriter coverage
- Bad faith
- Construction-related coverage
- Director and officers' liability
- Employment-related litigation
- Environmental coverage
- Errors and omissions coverage
- Excess and surplus lines coverage
- Fire and arson
- Liability insurance
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Mass tort
- Patent, copyright, and trademark claims
- Personal injury defense
- Professional liability coverage
- Property coverage
- Transportation incident coverage coordination
- Argued on behalf of an insurance company before the Ohio Supreme Court regarding potentially groundbreaking issues involving insurance coverage for employer intentional torts
- Defended life insurance companies in bad faith insurance coverage matters
- Serve as statewide coverage counsel for several Ohio liability insurance carriers and national insurance carriers
- Serve as statewide coverage counsel for an oil and gas insurance carrier
- Handled multimillion dollar environmental coverage litigation for a corporate industrial client
- Tried insurance coverage matters involving conditions precedent on policy, including late notice issues
- Retained to assist in rewriting insurance policies for purposes of compliance with Ohio law
- Conducted analyses of insurance programs for corporate clients and made recommendations on risk management issues
- Conducted seminars for insurance carriers and corporate clients on risk management issues, claims procedures, bad faith issues, and updates on Ohio law
- Represented the Ohio Department of Insurance and the court-appointed liquidator in concluding the affairs of an insurance company
- Represented both insurance carriers and policyholders in toxic tort matters
- Handled environmental, toxic tort, product liability, and labor and employment matters for a Fortune 25 international insurance organization
- Served as national coordinating counsel in defending latex exposure cases for a large insurance carrier
- Served as national coordinating counsel for the defense of mold claims on behalf of two large insurance carriers
- Represented an auto insurance carrier in uninsured/underinsured motorists action
- Handled numerous employment matters, including lawsuits and administrative proceedings, for insurance companies (as the employer) and on behalf of insurance carriers through an employer's "employment practices liability insurance" policy
Before You Write That Check!
Roetzel & Andress Ranked in 2018 "Best Law Firms" List
Can Your Business Fly Under the Radar?
FBI Warning on Cybercriminals Targeting FTP Servers to Compromise Protected Health Information
FAA Issues Long-Anticipated Commercial Drone Rules & Eliminates the Section 333 Exemption Process
Insurer Not Engaging in a "Consumer Transaction"
Roetzel & Andress Welcomes Philip S. Heebsh to Toledo Office
Noel Davies Spotlighted in Article on the Young Professionals of Fort Myers
Roetzel & Andress Ranked in 2015 "Best Law Firms"
Attorney Noel J. Davies Scheduled to Speak at Property Manager and CAM Luncheon
Roetzel Partner Ronald B. Lee Recertified as a Civil Trial Advocate by The National Board of Trial Advocacy
Roetzel's Bradley A. Wright Named Chair of USLAW Board of Directors
Defense and Coverage - Can They Co-Exist?
Handling Liability and Coverage Claims: Splitting Files, the Duty to Defend, and Ethical Considerations for Lawyers